Saturday, January 26, 2013

Finally histamine intolerance talk in Paleo community


If you've been paleo for any length of time, you're probably familiar with Chris Kresser, and his site The Healthy Skeptic. Chris recently published an article about histamine intolerance in those who have switched to a clean diet. 


From time to time I reflect on why I continue to follow a paleo/primal approach to eating after it "gave me" a histamine intolerance. Here's why:

  1. I still feel better this way.
  2. I'm proud of my grocery cart.
  3. I want to maintain the same high standard of food I insist for my daughter. In other words, if I wouldn't let her have something, I probably shouldn't be eating it either.
  4. Pandora's box is open. I'm pretty sure there's only one way out of this predicament, and that's a low histamine diet. Re-introducing grains, etc. will do nothing to save me at this point.

Anyhow, the article is not lengthly, but worth the read. It's also interesting to read through the comments on a site like his, which no doubt gets a whole lot of traffic. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Paleothoughts!

    I just figured out I have HIT as well. Love Chris Kresser. I've been paleo for a year. Anyway, just created a a FB group for those of us trying to navigate Paleo AND HIT.

    Wish Chris would open his practice again. I'd be happy to pay big bucks to get this sorted once and for all!

    Sylvie
    www.thesimplepaleolife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started a Facebook group for those of us navigating autoimmune paleo + l low-histamine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's "low-histamine+ Autoimmune paleo (AIP) Help"

      Delete