Sunday, September 2, 2012

Paleo nibbles

In my experience, lack of groceries or clean laundry is the mother of all invention. That's when the magic (or maybe just the weird) happens. I like to think of this phenomenon as a sign you're on your way to mastering paleo - you needn't be super prepared all the time, you simply have only real food at your disposal at any time.

Take for instance these yummy little hors d'oeuvres we had the other week. Like a little open faced sandwich even.


Ingredients
  • Cucumber, sliced
  • Good quality sliced meat (I used sliced turkey I believe), ripped or sliced into appropriately sized pieces
  • Avocado, sliced
  • Mayo

Directions
  • Prep the cukes, avocado, and meat.
  • Dab some mayo on the cucumber slices.
  • Top with meat and avocado.
  • Serve. 

Molly's portion. The trouble with disassemble-able food is it makes it easier for her to be selective in which parts she eats.
In related news, we've embarked on a "30 Day Nutrition Challenge" at CrossFit PEI. On Saturday, we're having a bit of a why/how to session. This is one of the samples I'll probably take along with me.

Final note: Both the mayo, and especially the meat in this recipe are histamine offenders. I tend to reserve this type of snack/meal for when my skin's been extra good to ensure I won't be overloading on histamine too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment