Warning: Shredding meat is not easy. I think this morning's push jerks were easier on the shoulders than hovering over a hot slow cooker with two forks ripping meat apart. The chicken breasts were easier than the been-in-the-freezer-too-long steaks. But it is definitely worth it.
|Been slow on the food pics lately, but I do have this pic of tonight's oxtail. I wasn't fussy, but Molly-Pop devoured it - three helpings!|
Below is (very) approximately what I did with it. With a recipe this simple, measuring really isn't necessary.
- 5 frozen boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 T dehydrated onion bits
- 1/2 t cayenne pepper
- 1/2 t black pepper
- 1/2 t dried thyme
- 1/4 t salt
- 1 C Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- Place frozen chicken breasts into the slow cooker.
- Mix together all remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour sauce over frozen chicken breasts and turn to low.
- Cook for about 5 hours.
- Using two forks or tongs, shred chicken.