Saturday, November 12, 2011

Why didn't I think of that?

My mom is visiting for the long weekend, which is a great treat. We talk a lot of nutrition when together, which often revolves around the whole histamine thing. It's because of her that I was able to determine what the deal with my skin was.

Coincidentally, I had a moderate skin flare up today, of which she was a witness. She asked an excellent question: "do you think it's the hard boiled eggs?" Well how about that. How could I have overlooked something so seemingly obvious? I've been boiling eggs and putting them in the fridge for Molly snacks and for simple convenient protein on the run. Hello?! Protein + cooked + leftover = histamine overload. I can't believe it didn't think of that.

Taken this morning mid flare up. Please excuse bed head. And the grimace. Instead, notice unsightly red blotches.

In comparison to recent days, this was not good.

I later looked back over my food log (which I'll post when my 30 days of hard core low histamine are over) and sure enough, I've been eating an increasing number of (leftover) boiled eggs in recent days. In fact, there seems to be a trend where days I've had boiled eggs are also days (or followed by days) when I've recorded skin issues (although on the whole, I've been decent).

This may contribute to my frustration and wishy-washiness when it comes to eggs. Some days I'm sure they're fine, but other times I have to wonder. Which has led to a lot of flip flopping from no eggs to yes eggs. It's not the eggs themselves - which when cooked are fine - simply the eating of eggs that have been leftover. Of course!

So to finish out my 30 days (today is day 22), I will not be eating any of Molly's refrigerated boiled eggs. We'll see if it makes any difference in the home stretch.

I'm still debating what food to introduce first when the time comes... Maybe almonds. I haven't had them in so long, but I do enjoy them. They came up in that allergy test a while back, but I'm convinced it was due to the fact that my diet at the time was probably 40% almonds/almond products...

2 comments:

  1. Molly is awesome! You're cool too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great catch. I think you're definitely on to something. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete