Saturday, October 29, 2011

Coconut Paleo Bread

I don't consider myself a bread person, but every now and again I admit to a small hankering for an edible vessel for getting butter, nut butter, etc. into my mouth. I can across this simplest of simple recipes the other day which was just too easy not to try. It's from a neat little site called chocolate & carrots.


Ingredients

  • 1 C coconut flour
  • 1/4 C coconut milk
  • 1/2 C coconut oil (or unsalted softened butter)
  • 6 eggs, beaten
  • 1/2 t salt


Directions
  •  Preheat the oven to 350°
  • Mix all ingredients together
  • Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
I like this kind of simple, base recipe (not to mention low histamine). It'll be easy to expand/adapt by adding just about anything... ground flax seed, rosemary, honey, who knows. 



Not too bad toasted and slathered in butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment