Anyhow, the other night I made a hash of sorts (I'm open to better name suggestions) using some organic, local, lean ground beef and bacon (which makes everything better) and an assortment of veggies I had on hand looking to be used.
On to the recipe (Note - these quantities are very much approximate, it's a flexible recipe.)
- Some bacon (I used a whole package, but I think what I get in a package from Bluefield Meat Shop is smaller than a package you'd get at the grocery store)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large sweet potato, grated
- 3-4 handfuls of baby carrots, grated
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- Any other grate-able veggies you can come up with
Other benefits of this recipe: easy to substitute ingredients to your taste, easy to make, easy to keep for leftovers or to freeze.