- Wash your large bunch of kale thoroughly and dry it completely (I often prep the kale the day before)
- Tear or slice kale into bite-size pieces
- Dump kale in a large bowl and drizzle generously with olive oil, salt and pepper
- Lay kale out on parchment paper lined baking sheet (don't pile it up, make sure it's just one layer - I've made this mistake before)
- Bake for 8-9 minutes at 375 degrees (This seems to be the magic formula for our oven, you may have to tinker with this a bit. You want them good and crispy, but not burned.)
- Take out and enjoy!
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
Have you discovered kale chips yet?
Although Tim would disagree, these things actually taste reminiscent of potato chips. They're super easy to make, have plenty of health benefits, and are a great way to vary your intake of greens. The recipe is pretty standard, but you might have to do a little trouble shooting to find the right time/temp combo for your oven. Here's how it works: